A History dotted with ideals and action
SRI GURU NANAK DEV JI SAID:
“Truth is above everything but higher still is truthful living”. Thus, Seva is the first step to achieve the final goal of eternal peace.
The encyclopedia of Sikhism says:
Keeping in mind all this, the “Nishkam Sikh Welfare Council” was conceived in 1984, when the Sikh community was going through turbulent times.
November,1984Nishkam started Relief & Rehabilitation of families affected by happenings in November, 1984.
1985 – 90- Establishment of free dispensary for affected families of November, 1984 happenings.
- Establishment of Tuition, Shorthand / Typing centres.
- Establishment of Music, Knitting and Stitching Centres.
- Got FCRA Registration in 1985.
- Started construction of Nishkam Bhawan at Tilak Vihar, New Delhi.
- Relief assistance to families affected by floods in Punjab in 1988.
1991 – 95- Completion of building of Nishkam Bhawan at Tilak Vihar, New Delhi and start of Nishkam Medical Centre
- Start of Nishkam Scholarship Programme
- Relief assistance to families affected by Earthquake in Uttarkashi in 1991
1996 – 2000- Setting up of Mata Gujri Sukh Niwas (Old Age Home-cum-Orphanage) at Kharar, Punjab (Near Chandigarh)
- Establishment of Library
2001 – 05- Relief to families affected by the massive Earthquake in Gujarat in 2001 and Tsunami in South India in 2004.
- Start of Sikligar Education & Housing Project in Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Relief assistance to families of Tangdhar and Uri affected due to the earthquake in Jammu & Kashmir in 2005.
2006 – 2010- Expansion of Sikligar Project to other Districts of Karnataka.
- Relief assistance to families in Madhepura (Bihar), affected due to flood in Kosi in 2008.
- Established Yamunanagar Medical Centre.
2011 – 2020Nishkam Talent Search & Support Programme